Monday, November 15, 2010

Defining success

According to Dictionary dot com:

suc·cess

/səkˈsɛs/ [suhk-ses]
–noun
1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.

For example: My daughter’s 16th birthday party was a big success.

2. the attainment of wealth, position, honors, or the like.

For example: I succeeded in being admitted to the creative writing concentration at my college.

3. a successful performance or achievement: The play was an instant success.

For example: My attempts at DDR Max at my 16 year old birthday party was not a success; however, being cheered on by a roomful of teenagers was.

4. a person or thing that is successful.

For example: My son was a big success at DDR Max (and did not rub it in his mother’s face).

5. Outcome.

For example: You’re reading number five so I succeeded in holding your interest till the end of this post. Thanks for playing along.

So, what successes have YOU celebrated this week?

*************************

1 Comment

Shelli says:
Cute! I like to remind my husband to celebrate the little successes and not wait for the big ones. Sounds like a fun evening for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel. Come on, I Dair YA.