Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the daily Reader...for writers


As is the case whenever I’m in a bookstore I walk by the glorious shelf of writing books, self-helps, and inspirational words of people who have at least been successful enough at writing to get their own published and on the shelf I’m looking at. That in and of itself is worth a glance. And today I struck gold. Literally.

This pretty golden book jumped out at me from the shelf today. I’m not sure if it was the color, or the bee, because surely it wasn’t the fact that it was on a lower shelf where my five year old would have likely seen it before me. As it was she was too busy rolling around on the carpet waiting…patiently…for mom to look at books.

the daily Reader, by Fred White looks to be one of the most promising mixes of reading and writing that I’ve seen in a long time. It’s declaration pretty much says it all with, “366 selections of great prose and poetry to inspire a productive and meaningful writing life.”

Well I opened it up and found there was gold on the inside as well!

On each page lay beautiful little pieces of prose and the author’s thoughtful reflections on their meaning, application, and includes an exercise to explore the writing and turn it into something personal and perhaps profound for ourselves. A true reach into one’s soul that can ultimately be shared on paper.
Just marvelous!!!! I love a good soul searching book…and one that helps me to be a better writer as well as a better person. Happy Reading! I mean writing! I mean…well…just pick up the book and you’ll see what I mean.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel. Come on, I Dair YA.