Thursday, April 21, 2011

R is for Redo

Redo's are awesome.


When I quizzed my daughters about things they'd like a second chance at, they came up with:
  1. Personality/image
  2. Things they've said to people
  3. Friends they've chosen
  4. Tests
  5. Classes
  6. Bad decisions
Yeah... there's a lot of things we'd like to redo in life.  And sometimes we get a second chance.  Like a paper I just wrote. The teacher recognized it was less than my usual and asked me if I would consider redoing it.  I've never had a teacher offer that before. I was touched.

And of course I said yes.  Because sometimes lessons learned are good and we wouldn't trade them, but how cool if we could get the lesson AND get a do-over.  :)

Rejection is a bit like a re-do.  "Getting" the chance to re-evaluate our work and see if there is any room for improvement. And of course there is. There always is.  I've not heard of an author yet who didn't have some sort of regret for some part of their book.  Maybe it's just them being humble.  Maybe it's the truth.  But no matter what, I believe there is always a place for improvement.

And redo's.  :)

What do you think? What would you redo if you were given the chance?

3 comments:

  1. I think I'd speak less--and what am I doing right now? Commenting! Lol! If I could do anything over, that's what it would be.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have gone to WalMart this week. That killed me. :)

    I love the idea of getting the lesson and the redo. That would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "R" post. I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel. Come on, I Dair YA.