Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for Education

Wait! Wait!!! Don't leave. Sheesh. This isn't about school, even though I'm sitting here in between two classes myself. And there's no test at the end. I promise.

You'll stay? Whew. Thanks.

So I've learned so much about writing over the last *mumble* years. I've attended conferences, read books on writing, taken classes, and written....a lot. But out of all the writing education I've received, turns out that reading books...for FUN...was one of the most influential.

I found my genre through reading. I garnered my style through reading. I fostered my children's love of reading by...yup, reading to them. It's no wonder that it's one of the fundamentals of learning we're taught from early on. You remember the 3 R's: Reading, wRiting, aRithmetic.

If you know how to do all of those things you're pretty much set in life. Everything else, language and otherwise, is based off those important fundamentals. So here's to getting an education and spreading the wealth and love of reading, writing, and *sigh* arithmetic.

Guess which one I struggled with in school? So, okay, this was a LITTLE bit about school. But there was no test involved!

What about you? What was your favorite subject? Was reading and writing amongst them? Favorite book you read or had read to you?

1 comment:

  1. I am always surprised that I found my way to blogging as I struggled with writing when I was in school. It was always hard to write and I hated it! Now that I am older I LOVE books, words and all things written.
    -r

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you really feel. Come on, I Dair YA.