Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for...

Violins and Validation.

What on earth do these two things have in common? So glad you asked.

First of all think tiny violin. You know, the one that plays when another individual cares nothing for your heartache or disappointment and gives you a mocking "wah." Yeah...I kind of want to slap those people to. Or shake them and say, "Try and understand how I'm feeling!"

This feeling applies to teens as well as adults, let me assure you. No one is exempt from the need for validation. It uplifts us, encourages us, tells us we're not crazy (even if we are), and gives us hope.

I play the violin. For real. I know...another shocker. Keep visiting my blog and you'll learn even more about me as time goes on. I promise. :) And it was great the other day to pick up my lonely instrument and play alongside my daughter on the harp and another daughter on the flute.  Neither judged my scratchy notes or stopped playing despite my mistakes. They thanked me for taking the time to TRY. For making time for them and helping our harpist work through a piece she's been working on.

She needed to hear the melody to help her better understand the accompanying part she was playing.

How many of us need some type of understanding and are just waiting for someone to help us out?

I love the video on youtube about validation in so many ways.  It's a loooooooong and beautiful video. You won't be sorry you watched it. It will change your life...and maybe that of someone else.

Have a great day!!!

9 comments:

  1. validation IS so important - honest and sincerely presented, of course!

    Congrats to you for bringing out the violin to play with your daughters and get that "validation" back from them (in their acceptance)

    Great post -- think I'll take time to catch up on some of the older ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks judysnwnotes! I'm pretty a pretty lucky Mom. Hope you enjoy the older posts as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice post! I watched this video a while back and just loved it! Worth watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. It is good to have validation and also good to give it. Your daughters must be awesome people to help each other out and to be so grateful for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel totally blessed Jessica! I know what a lucky Mom I am to have such great children. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. We all need validation so much! Not many would write if our books were unpopular. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to get to know you Sharkbytes. I'll be sure to visit. :)

      Delete
  5. You too! :-) New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and welcome Sylvia!!! So glad you found me. Hope you'll enjoy your time here. :) You're awesome. :)

      Delete

Tell me how you really feel. Come on, I Dair YA.